A festival of new Vancouver music produced by Hank Bull to accompany Art City, a large exhibition that took place simultaneously in several spaces across the city.
– Courage of Lassie (Canada) 11/23/84
Laiwan, Ron Anon, Mady No and Rod Booth. Multi-media works for electronics, voice, guitar, violin and percussion.
– Eric Wyness, Gordon Koch (Canada) Flying Undercups 11/24/84
– Cassation Group (Canada) 11/27/84
– Tom Hajdu (Canada) Five of Five 11/27/84
Five of Five is a post-avant garde ensemble of performers and composers working with pan-stylistic structured improvisations. For the performance, the group comprised Flautist Nancy Riecken, bassoonist Ward Hunting, Rod Yates on tuba, cellist Finn Manniche, pianist Barry Barrington, and percussionist Tom Hajdu.
– Lyn Vasey, Gerald X, Juppiter-Larson (Canada) 11/28/84
– Alex Varty, Doug Schmidt (Canada) 11/29/84
Varty performed solo compositions and improvisations on electric guitar; debut of a new work for multiple bowed Hawaiian guitars, augmented by digital electronics. Schmidt compositions: ‘Music for Pennywhistle, Accordion, and Mandolin’ with guest artists Rick Walliser on accordian and Bruce Clausen.
– Hextremities (Canada), Composition by Committee 12/01/84
Kenneth Newby, dx 7, woodwinds; Martin Gotfrit, guitar, x7; Debbie Boyko, voice; Andreas Kahre, drums, percussion; Mark Parlett, bass; Randy Raine-Reusch, ethnic instruments.