Organization: Western Front Society
Job Title: New Music Program Assistant
Position Type: Part time (4 days per week, 5 hours per day is ideal but there is some flexibility), occasional weekends and evenings
The Western Front Society seeks a highly motivated arts and administrative professional to take on the role of New Music Program Assistant. Please note that while we seek the most qualified candidate, we will also provide training if a person without some of the below qualifications seeks to apply.
The Program Assistant works with the New Music Director/Curator to implement the day-to-day operations of the program and curation of new music and related events. The New Music Program Assistant is required to:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of concert presentations, productions, and related public programming for the New Music program
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of the program including:
1. Preparation of contracts, artist management materials and departmental documents
2. Assistance with grant preparations and reports including: research, writing, editing, and coordination of audio/visual support materials
3. Management of box office, cash reconciliations, and front of house activities for concerts and events
4. Planning and implementation of New Music marketing and publicity plans
5. Coordination and creation of press releases, marketing materials and website promotions
- Must be available for additional meetings, concerts, and special events outside of office hours
Please note that Western Front will provide training to the chosen candidate to assist them to grow into this role.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of issues in contemporary music and/or other artistic disciplines
- Strong computer and administrative skills, including word processing, Excel, Internet software, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and basic audio and video editing programs
- Ability to effectively delegate and supervise volunteers
- Ability to plan and manage project deadlines
How to Apply:
Western Front is committed to the principals of Employment Equity and encourages application from Aboriginal persons, members of visible minority groups or persons with a disability.
Applications containing a letter of interest and curriculum vitae must be received by 5pm on January 2, 2018. Interviews on January 4, 2018.
Position begins January 15, 2019.
Please send applications by email to:
Director/Curator Western Front New Music